Effective Date: August 20, 2020
This privacy statement applies to www.smartgiant.com (including its subdomains), SmartGiant Technology Co., Ltd., and all of its controlled subsidiaries (“SmartGiant”, “we” and “our”). This privacy statement describes how we collect, use, share and secure the personal information that we receive from our customers, from our website, and from our online visitors (“you” and “your”).
Our goal in gathering information is to consistently improve our relationship with you, our customer. We do not sell your information to outside organizations.
What personal information does SmartGiant collect?
For some areas of our website and through other interactions with SmartGiant, we may ask you to provide personal information that helps us enhance your website visit, assists you with technical support issues, permits post-visit follow-up, and to communicate with you about order processing, product recalls or returns, service contract entitlements, and other matters essential to the software or related services. This information may include your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, company information, job title, or product preferences.
How does SmartGiant use personal information?
SmartGiant may use your personal information to:
- Deliver the products, services, and support or carry out the transactions that you have requested;
- Send communications to you, including information about SmartGiant products and services, events, promotional offers, and market surveys;
- Facilitate your use of our website and online services, including customizing webpage language and content;
- Facilitate communications from our authorized distributors and business partners;
- Customize, analyze, and improve our products and services (including the content and advertisements on our website to identify usage trends or determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns), technologies, communications, and relationship with you;
- Better understand our customers and online users, including identifying your interests based on your interactions with our website;
- Personalize content and implement your preferences;
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms, and separate contracts (if applicable) with you;
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our websites, our businesses, and our products or services; or
- Perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law.
How SmartGiant may share personal information?
We may disclose your personal information for any purpose with your consent. Except as described below, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent. We also may share your personal information with these categories of third parties for the following purposes:
– Service providers and business partners
We engage service providers and business partners to assist us with operating and providing your access to our website and other SmartGiant services. These service providers or business partners may perform advertising services, process secure payments, fulfill orders, optimize services, provide integration services for our customers, provide technical services, serve online behavioral advertising, send newsletters and surveys, support email and online community services, administer polls and surveys, and analyze information to help us improve our business. Some of our service providers or business partners may engage their own service providers or business partners to further assist us. In these instances, the receiving party is not permitted to retain, use, or disclose personal information for any purpose other than for performing the specific business purpose on our behalf.
– Where required by law or for other protective reasons
We may share your personal information with law enforcement agencies, courts, other government authorities, or other third parties where we believe it necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party. We also may share your personal information in connection with fraud protection or other legal action, or if SmartGiant reasonably believes it is necessary to protect SmartGiant, its customers, or the public.
– In the context of a merger, acquisition, or sale
We may share your personal information with potential transaction partners, service providers, advisors, and other third parties in connection with negotiation or completion of a corporate transaction in which SmartGiant is acquired by or merged with another company or in which SmartGiant sells or transfers all or a portion of its assets or business.