Edge computing brings data storage, data uploading, and data processing much closer to where data are created, thereby reducing latency and saving bandwidth. Edge computers, on the ACE vision platform, function as the core of digital image processing and communicate with a backstage management system.
The CT1001 edge computer is based on Rockchip RK3399 SoC, which is to distribute data processing tasks to devices on the edge of the network and make them as close to data sources as possible, so as to realize real-time data processing at a very high speed. Edge computer is located at the core of digital image processing in the ACE vision platform, mainly responsible for video collection, processing, splicing, output control, and communication with the background management system.
The CT1001 improves the efficiency of automated testing: it collects, filters, and analyzes Device Under Test (DUT) data in production line automated testing use cases, and provides analysis reports on test results.
- Application Scenarios:
- Parallel Barcode Scanning
- Parallel Facial Feature Recognition
- Applications in the lab and production line aging tests
- The industrial IP camera and edge computer are used to automatically monitor, analyze and report the status of Device Under Test (DUT) in an aging test environment and significantly improve efficiency compared to that by humans in the lab or on production lines
- Applications in 2D barcode decoding on production lines:
- The CT1001 edge computer, together with a 2D barcode scanner camera on production lines, decodes 2D barcode snapshots of the products taken by the barcode scanner camera. The enhanced computing power of the edge computer significantly improves the efficiency of 2D barcode decoding on the production line
- Circuit board electronic testing result collection and analysis
- The edge computer is used to collect electronic testing results and conducts automatic analysis to produce testing reports, which improves the efficiency of production line testing